Hello Loves. Thanks for stopping by. <3

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Engaged!

Yes! Its true! After five years (exactly) we are finally engaged! I can not hide my excitement.

Of course everyone wants to know, "How did he propose?" so I decided to write a quick post on how it all went down.

We had made plans weeks ahead of time to go to Sarasota for our 5yr Anniversary so the trip ALL THE WAY to St. Armand's Cricle (Siesta Key area), and Lido Beach didn't seam weird to me. But to all my friends it apparently did..

Side story: So many of my friends called the engagement before I even caught on. My friend Emily texted me on our way there and apparently she is a psychic. Other friends told me afterwards that they had called it and had said something to other people about it. I was clueless though, didn't see it coming.

Anyways, we began our day early so that we got to St. Armand's Circle around 10:00am. If you have never been there you must go! Its a fun old downtown feel with lots of cool shops and restaurants. Its literally a five minute walk to the beach. We walked around shopping for a while, because that was what I was told was my anniversary gift. 


He bought me new Starfish earnings, and a matching bracelet, a sun flower bracelet, and cute sea shell charm for my Pandora bracelet, and a Lily Pulitzer phone/wallet clutch. I felt so spoiled.

We continued to walk around and Matt had a craving for fudge, and I guess that Kilwin's has the best fudge ever. So Matt got a Choclate Peanut butter shake and while in line I found $20 on the ground! Go me! I of course looked around to see if anyone may have lost it but we were the only ones there. Needless to say, it payed for our yummy lunch. We had Cuban sandwiches, so good!

After lunch we finished walking around the circle and then drove to the beach to see if we could get a better parking spot. As we pulled up the car in the very closest spot pulled out, score! Second lucky moment of the day! 

The beach was gorgeous and the weather absolutely perfect! The water at Lido Beach is completely clear. We were up to our necks and I could still see my toes, not to mention the water is so refreshing. Its not super cold like the east coast, but not as warm as bath water. Just perfect! The sand at Lido is like sugar, so soft! I can't get over how beautiful this beach is. 

After swimming in the Ocean for a while we headed to the beach to lay out for awhile.We found a spot where not many people were around, which wasn't that hard, and claimed it as ours. Matt seemed to keep hinting that he wanted to go for a walk, but me being clueless, I insisted that I wanted to lay down and dry off for a bit. So we did.

Matt started talking about marriage and how scared he was about it and how he doesn't think hes ready and all these negative things (to throw me off). It was like he was purposely trying to get me upset or something. He loves teasing me, and he is good at it.  So I was getting kind of agitated and that when he started moving around. We both had been laying on our stomachs and when he started moving around he was getting sand all over me, so being a brat and not realizing I was like, "Matt, you are getting sand all over me! Please stop moving." and he didn't say anything...just kept fidgeting with something. 

I started talking about something else (not sure what) and then he was like, "Carrie..." and I still laying on my tummy, face in the sand basically, kept talking not realizing what was going on. He repeated himself, "Carrie..." I turned around and he was on his knee. And that's when it hit me, 'Oh, he is proposing...' and then the shakes came. He asked "Will you marry me?" and of course I said, "YESSSS!". All I kept saying was, "Are you serious? Right now? I didn't see this coming at all."Apparently that was the point. 


I am the type of person that can't stand surprises. If I know or have an inkling that something is going to happen I will try my hardest to find out what it is. So he didn't want me to have any idea that it was coming. Which I give him props, because I didn't expect it then. 

Neither one of us are flashy people and he knew that I didn't want him to propose in front of crowds of people or in the middle of the restaurant. The beach was perfect and so us.
I didn't cry until I called my mom. Just something about uttering the words, "Matt proposed!" brought on all these thoughts and memories that caused some tears. Of course she and my dad knew already. Matt had asked my dad prior to asking me, just like when he asked to date me over 5yrs ago. Poor guy, he was only 15. 


We called his parents after mine and we all (my mom, his mom, and I) cried together over the phone....all on the beach. hahaa. I didn't care at the moment, I was so happy. Oh and my ring was gorgeous!! 

Matt had planned a dinner with both of our families so after staying at the beach for a while we went home and got ready for a yummy dinner at Bravo, which was super yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment